WHAT’S BEING CLAIMED:
- CableTV.com is offering to pay someone $1,000 to watch 20 Marvel movies back-to-back within three days.
- The task, which should be tweeted live, would take more than 40 hours to complete.
- The challenge is in anticipation of Marvel Cinematic Universe’s new offering, ” Avengers: Endgame,” which is out on April 26.
In anticipation of the release of “Avengers: Endgame,” a website is offering to pay $1,000 plus a load of Marvel gifts — if they can watch 20 Marvel movies nonstop.
CableTV.com is looking for a Marvel fan to watch the films and live-tweet their experience while tagging CableTV on their social media channels.
“Do you have the endurance of Iron Man? The tenacity of Captain America? The leisure time of Ant-Man?” Cable TV writes in its website. “Then CableTV.com has a mission for you: watch all 20 previously released Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) movies back-to-back, leading up to the highly anticipated 2019 premiere of Avengers: Endgame (April 26).”
The chosen Marvel fan will watch all of the movies the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) released from phases one through three.
Here are the movies you’ll be watching if you are chosen:
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- Thor (2011)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man (2008)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
“Captain Marvel,” which is still in theaters, is not included in the list.
The promotion says “no sleep till ‘Endgame,'” but with over 43 hours to spend watching all the movies, that’s a large task to ask. A representative of CableTV.com told INSIDER that the selected candidate would have three days in which to complete the task.
“Once your MCU binge-watch and live-tweeting extravaganza is complete, we’ll ask you to share your takeaways from the movies so we can make some beautiful, bada– rankings together,” the job posting for this challenge reads.
Aside from the $1000 cash, the fan will also get all 20 movies on Blu-Ray and a “survival kit,” which includes an Iron Man Snuggie and additional Marvel gear.
Applications are only open to US citizens who are at least 18 years old.
If you think this is your dream job, then you can apply here. Applications are due by April 15.
Source: The Insider