WHAT’S BEING CLAIMED:
- Mohammad Furqan, 20, was declared dead by the doctors in India after getting into a serious accident and was knocked unconscious.
- Furqan’s family was preparing for his burial when he suddenly wakes up, so he was rushed again to Ram Manohar Lohia hospital and was put on ventilator support.
- Lucknow Chief Medical Officer Narendra Agarwal said he will have the matter “thoroughly probed” upon learning that Furqan was declared dead after his family told the hospital they didn’t have enough money to pay for the medical bills.
Families and friends were shocked to learn that Mohammad Furqan, 20, from Lucknow, a city in northern India’s state of Uttar Pradesh, who was declared dead by the doctor, was actually alive, according to the Independent.
Furqan was knocked unconscious from a serious accident and was declared dead by the private hospital where he was taken. Allegedly, Furqan was pronounced dead after his family told hospital staff they could not afford to pay more than $10,000.
Mohammad Furqan’s brother, Mohammad Irfan told the Hindustan Times: “Devastated, we were preparing for the burial when some of us saw movement in his limbs. We immediately took Furqan to the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital where the doctors said he was alive and have put him on ventilator support.”
According to the doctors attending to Furquan, he is still in critical condition “but definitely not brain dead.” His vital signs are still working.
Narendra Agarwal, the chief medical officer in Lucknow, said he will have the case “thoroughly probed.”
In the U.S and Canada, getting buried alive is next to impossible due to advance embalming technology and practices.
However, in 2001, a woman in her late 30’s woke up in a funeral home in Ashland, Massachusetts. She was inside a body bag after misjudgment of EMTs. She was initially found in a bathtub in a presumed suicide attempt. Instead of being taken to a hospital, she was brought directly to the funeral home.
Lucky for her, the director of the funeral home noticed she was still breathing and called paramedics right away avoiding a premature burial.