Connect with us


Lack of medical facilities leads to tragedy for Brazilian rower [Video]



Here’s the scoop!

  • A professional rower in Brazil died after swallowing a bee while biking.
  • The athlete reportedly went into anaphylactic shock and had to wait 20 minutes before medical help arrived.
  • The family is calling for better emergency provisions in the region.

A tragic accident in Brazil took the life of a professional rower, Waldonilton de Andrade Reis. While leading a cycling tour of Ponta Negra beach, Reis reportedly swallowed a bee and went into anaphylactic shock.

Due to the lack of medical facilities in the area, he had to wait for 20 minutes before help arrived, which his family claims was too long. A fireman attempted to resuscitate him, but he passed away after being transferred to a hospital.

According to his sister, Rosilene Reis, “If there had been adequate care, a doctor, a fireman, or a health center, someone could have resuscitated my brother.” The family is now calling for better emergency provisions in the region where the accident took place. It is unclear if Waldonilton was aware of his allergy to bees.

This tragic incident highlights the importance of having adequate medical facilities and emergency provisions in remote areas. It also serves as a reminder of the dangers of severe allergic reactions.

While it is unclear if Waldonilton was aware of his allergy to bees, it is crucial for individuals to know their allergies and carry appropriate medication with them. Our thoughts go out to the family and friends of Waldonilton de Andrade Reis during this difficult time.


1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Doug Litchfield

    April 7, 2023 at 11:44 am

    Doesn’t hurt to have epi pens or at the very least a bottle of antihistamines on hand. People can.have reactions such as this consuming shell fish.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *