‘Miracle Larry’, 64, Discharged From Hospital After 128 Days Receiving Treatments For COVID-19 [Video]


  • Larry Kelly received coronavirus treatments for 128 days, after he tested positive for COVID-19 on March 17.
  • He suffered from seizure episodes and coronavirus infection-related complications that landed him weeks in intensive care and 51 days hooked up to a ventilator.
  • On Wednesday, he was released from the hospital, walked out and embraced his wife for the first time in about four months.

Larry Kelly, 64, is released from the hospital after 128 days or about four months in isolation, for coronavirus treatments. His health condition declined, with seizure episodes and coronavirus infection-related complications.

The patient was first given immediate medical attention at Mount Sinai Morningside. Then, at New Jewish Home, New York where he required a ventilator for 51 days. The hospital released the patient after recovering from the disease.

The medical professionals in-charge of Kelly gathered outside the hospital, cheering his release as he embraced his wife for the first time since hospital admission. Kelly received his diagnosis on March 17.

“I gotta believe that it’s my own willpower and all of their support. I believe that in my bones,” Kelly said, gesturing towards family members, friends and medical professionals.

“I was in a very dark place, but something pulled me out. And if that’s a miracle, that’s a miracle!” he told NBC 4

For Larry Kelly, much of the credit goes to his wife, Dawn Kelly. The doctors have already advised his wife she should say her goodbyes when Larry’s condition worsened, but she refused to give up.

“My wife saved my life, she wouldn’t let them pull the plug,” Larry said. 

Just before he was put on a ventilator, Larry sent a text message to his wife. “I’ll never give up,” he said. Dawn said that these are the words that she held on to throughout the ordeal. 

Easter Sunday, April 12, the patient opened his eyes for the first time in almost a month. From that point on, his condition — with the support from family members and the hard work of the medical staff — picked up.

 “579 people died on Easter Sunday, and I didn’t. I’m very blessed,” he said.

For a proper celebration, Larry picked one of his favorite local spots: Dive Bar, Upper West Side.

Kelly continues to work on feeling 100 percent back to normal. He had a message to share with everyone, as the pandemic continues to worsen. 

“I wouldn’t wish this on anybody, so, please, wear your mask,” he said. 

Source: Daily Mail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *