NC family shocked to discover a snake being cooked to death in the oven while cooking pizza

WHAT’S BEING CLAIMED:

  • Amber and Robert Helm from North Carolina were horrified to find a snake being cooked to death in the oven along with their frozen pizza dinner.
  • The couple told News & Observer that they have no idea how the snake got into the oven or where it came from.
  • Shocked by the incident, the pair along with their two small boys opted to eat out and avoided using the oven in the coming days.

A family from North Carolina was so appalled to discover something else was cooking inside the oven besides their dinner. The News & Observer reported that when the couple-Amber and Robert Helm- popped their frozen pizza into the oven, they noticed a nasty, nauseating smell emanating from their oven.

When Amber opened the oven door, she was stunned to find an 18-inch long charred snake coiled up at the bottom of the oven. “I opened up the oven and thought ‘is that part of the oven?’ I looked more closely and I was like ‘Oh my God! That’s a friggin’ snake!’” she told the outlet. Upset, the couple then worked to remove the animal from their appliance.

They also told News & Observer that they had no idea where the snake came from or how it got in the oven given that there was nothing inside the oven when they last used it to cook a Christmas ham. Initially, Amber thought the snake was still alive because its mouth was so wide open as if it was trying to bite something.

But eventually Robert cleaned out the oven. “I put the oven on self-clean after I pulled that crispy critter out,” said Robert to the News & Observer As for dinner, the family decided to eat out. “We did not eat the pizza. I hear a lot of people asking the question. ‘Did we eat the pizza?’ No,” Amber told WRAL-TV.

Although the pair, who has two children, was frightened by the encounter, Amber admitted she felt bad for the snake burning to death. “I’m not happy about the way that the snake died. That’s a sad way to go for any living thing,” she said. She added that while the family is refraining from using the oven in the meantime she vows to be more careful in the future.

“I have two little boys so I’m just so concerned. Every time I see a shadow I’m like freaking out.”

However, this isn’t the first time an animal has found its way inside a home. Last month, it took days for a Georgia family to help a wild owl break out from their Christmas tree. Though the animal survived, the family was still stumped as to how it ended up in their tree.

 

Source: AOL.Com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *