WHAT’S BEING CLAIMED:
- Prince Andrew of Britain said he was dismayed to learn that he was being tied with Jeffrey Epstein’s sex activities, even calling the sex offender’s behavior ‘appalling’.
- According to a statement from Buckingham Palace, the 59-year-old Duke of York abhors the ‘exploitation of any human being’ and finds any participation of such behavior ‘abhorrent’.
- Currently, UK papers report that the prince is spending time with ex-wife, Sarah on a vacation in Sotogrande.
Breaking his silence over his alleged ties with Jeffrey Epstein, Britain’s Prince Andrew said on Sunday that the suggestion that he was involved in any of his convicted pedophile friend’s ‘abhorrent’ activities was simply horrific.
The Buckingham Palace statement came after Daily Mail released a video footage of the Duke of York waving goodbye to a brunette woman from inside Epstein’s mansion at the Upper East Side in 2010, of which an hour later, Epstein was seen leaving with a young blonde woman.
“His Royal Highness deplores the exploitation of any human being and the suggestion he would condone, participate in or encourage any such behavior is abhorrent,” according to the statement to The Daily Telegraph.
UK papers reports that the 59-year-old duke is presently on vacation with his ex-wife, Sarah, in the Spanish Sotogrande resort.
In spite of being accused of fondling a 21-year-old woman’s breast while at Epstein’s mansion, according to recently released court papers, photos showed him smiling as he attended church with his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, in Scotland last weekend.
The outing also marked the royal’s first public appearance since Epstein, 66, reportedly hanged himself on August 10 in a Lower Manhattan prison while awaiting trial on sex-trafficking charges.
This is not the first time though that the prince had faced probes over his relations with Epstein before.
Two years after the millionaire sex offender was convicted of two counts of solicitation of prostitution in Florida, of which one involved a minor, photos released in 2010 showed the prince hanging out with Epstein in Central Park. The publication led to Andrew quitting his post as UK trade envoy.
The video footage that Daily Mail published was taken about the same time as the Central Park photos.
Previously, the Buckingham Palace also denied allegations that Epstein pressured Virginia Giuffre to have sex with Andrew when the girl was underage.
The royal household stated: “It is emphatically denied that the Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with [Giuffre]. The allegations made are false and without any foundation.”
Giuffre claimed in court papers that she was 17 when she had sex with the duke for three times-in London, at Epstein’s home in New York and at an “orgy” on his Caribbean private island.
Source: New York Post