Woman’s skin burned after the eggs she boiled in the microwave explode in her face

WHAT’S BEING CLAIMED:

  • A  22-year-old woman from Worcestershire, England burned her skin after the eggs she boiled in the microwave burst in her face.
  • Bethany Rosser said she followed the internet instructions and took the eggs out after six minutes. She was peering into the pot when the eggs exploded in her face.
  • Rosser’s eye was very swollen when she was brought to the hospital, the doctors were unable to check if permanent damage has been done. Her skin damage may be permanent, too.

A woman from Worcestershire, England burned her skin after the eggs she boiled in the microwave burst in her face.

Bethany Rosser searched the internet for “websites and YouTube videos” to determine if it was safe to boil eggs in the microwave.

“I was making breakfast before work, and I googled to see if you could make boiled eggs in the microwave,” the 22-year-old Rosser tells the Mirror, “On a page, it said that you could microwave the eggs as long as you add salt to the eggs in the water, to prevent them from bursting.”

Rosser followed the instructions and took the eggs out after six minutes. She was peering into the pot when the eggs exploded in her face.

Photo Credit: Bethany Rosser /SWNS.COM
Photo Credit: Bethany Rosser /SWNS.COM

“They just burst all of a sudden,” Rosser says. “As I splashed myself, I could feel my skin peeling off.”

She managed to call for an ambulance despite the terrible pain. She was rushed to the burns unit at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.

“It felt horrible, I was in total agony,” she tells the Mirror. “I could feel my skin burning for hours afterwards – even while it was being treated in hospital. It felt like my skin was being ripped off, it was so scary.”

When Rosser was brought to the hospital, her eye was very swollen the doctors were unable to check if permanent damage has been done. Her skin damage may be permanent, too.

“I’m not sure if I will be able to see out of that eye when the swelling goes down,” Rosser says. “I’ve been advised the burns shouldn’t scar, but that I should expect discoloration,” she adds.

She warns others not to boil eggs in the microwave.

 

Source: New York Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *