WHAT’S BEING CLAIMED:
- Only those who have texted the authorities with valid reasons like purchasing food, medicine, and going to work are allowed to venture out.
- This is the second nationwide lockdown to be imposed in Greece.
- Greece has recorded 2,556 new cases of the coronavirus.
Greece has reached 54,809 number of coronavirus positive cases with 749 deaths. In recent weeks, 2,556 new coronavirus cases have been recorded by the Greek Health authorities with 34 deaths.
With this surge in coronavirus infections, Greek authorities have now imposed drastic measures to stop the wave.
This is the second time that the country has been put on a nationwide lockdown that will start by daybreak on Saturday and will last until the end of November.
Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis said the imposition of the lockdown rules was to prevent the number of cases to overwhelm the hospitals. “We must stop this wave. I chose once again to take drastic measures sooner rather than later.”
The lockdown measures are:
- Text authorities if you want to leave home. Indicate name, address, and the reason for leaving home to a five-digit number.
- Only after sending the text are those who are going to work, physical exercise, and for medical reasons are allowed to go out.
- Taking your children to school, walking your pet, visiting people to give assistance are also permissible reasons.
- Primary schools, kindergartens, and all grades in special education schools will stay open.
- Highschool classes will be online.
- In the absence of the text, identification and movement permission form are required and should be presented when checked.
- Retail stores selling essential items of medication, food, and fuel are allowed to open and all the others will be closed.
- There are severe restrictions on travel inside the country.
- Borders will remain open. However, for those who will be coming from abroad, the authorities will require proof of a negative coronavirus test, according to Nikos Hardalias, Greek Civil Protection Minister.
Source: Fox News