WHAT’S BEING CLAIMED:
- Nestlé’s Hot pockets are in hot water as USDA FSIS recalls the products.
- Customers found pieces of hard plastic and glass in their not ready-to-eat pepperoni Hot Pockets.
- This month, the FDA also recalled Weis Markets ice-cream for containing metal filling in cookies and cream ice cream.
Check the hot pocket that you are planning on having for a snack immediately. The US Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced the recall of approximately 762,615 pounds of not ready-to-eat pepperoni Hot Pockets of Nestlé Prepared Foods!
According to the department, the product may be contaminated with extraneous materials, in particular, pieces of glass and hard plastic.
The recall came after no less than four customers have reported to Nestlé that their packets contained non-edible materials. One contaminated pocket even caused a “minor oral injury” to one person.
If you have purchased the 54-ounce carton packages that contain 12 “premium pepperoni made with pork, chicken & beef pizza garlic buttery crust” Hot Pockets, and have a February 2022 expiration date with lot codes 0318544624, 0319544614, 0320544614 and 0321544614, the FSIS recommends that you return it to the store where you purchased it or throw it away.
This is the second recall of Nestlé’s since December when approximately 92,206 pounds of Lean Cuisine, specifically the baked chicken entree flavor, were recalled because of possible hard plastic contamination.
Another food product was also recalled this month. The US Food and Drug Administration announced a recall of 11,371 Weis Markets ice-cream containers for being “contaminated with extraneous material, specifically metal filling equipment parts. This also came after an ice-cream consumer found unwanted material in their food.
As per the FDA, one customer of Weis Quality Cookies and Cream Ice Cream discovered an intact piece of metal equipment in their ice cream. “There is concern of an additional piece of equipment present in the ice cream product(s) possibly presenting a choking hazard.”
Source: New York Post